Thursday, January 20, 2011

Woohoo, Exams.

Well, exam week is coming up, so I may not be around to make a post starting Monday next week, until Friday.  But enough of that for now, on to the real news.

Minecraft is addicting.  After spending nearly five hours working in a dark, blocky cave, I think it's about half-way done.  I'm building a basement for the tower I'll eventually build above it.  Eventually.

And Sony is continuing its attack on the hacker group that re-enabled OtherOS on PS3 consoles.  As I don't own one, this isn't very exciting news for me, but here's an article for those interested.

Also, setting up the CUDA library is difficult if you are on a 64-bit machine while using the Microsoft Express compiler, due to its 32-bit-only restriction.  The solution?  Rebuild all of the examples using 32-bit mode, and make sure the "-m32" flag is passed to nvcc.  I plan on further detailing the install process at a later date, including offering a single archive that contains all of the installers needed in one package.  No offence, Nvidia's instructions sucked, miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment